Getting Married, Merging Lives, Merging Money
So, you’re ready to walk down the aisle and tie the knot? Merging lives and households is a big step. And, often, combining finances can be the hardest part. If you’re getting married soon or are a newlywed, merging finances and switching financial institutions can seem overwhelming. Stop by a TFCU branch and ask to talk to a member service representative. We’ll be happy to sit down with you and help you through the process.
Merging Money Tips:
- Have a candid discussion about finances before you walk down the aisle.
- Compare spending habits. Make sure you understand your individual differences and be willing to compromise.
- Take a close look at your financial situation, including assets, debts, insurance and investments.
- Review your credit reports, which can impact you as you apply for car loans, mortgages and even apartment leases.
- Plan for your future. Discuss and prioritize your goals together.