Best Practices For Wearing Face Masks
The key to wearing a face mask is ensuring that you wear it properly. Check out our tips below on how to wear and wash your mask.
Putting On Your Face Mask:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer, before touching your mask.
- Make sure there are no tears or holes in either side of the mask.
- If your mask has ear loops, hold the mask by the ear loops and place a loop around each ear.
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin, then pull the top of the mask over your nose.
- Wash your mask before reusing it.
Cleaning and Reusing Your Face Mask:
- For best results, machine wash your mask and dry on low.
- For daily washing, hand wash with soap and hang dry overnight.
Remember, while fabric face masks are intended to add a layer of protection from airborne particles, they can’t eliminate all risks of catching or spreading a virus or illness. Continue to social distance and wash your hands regularly.