Official Rules of the 2020 Back to College
$3,000 Scholarship Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Tinker Federal Credit Union 2020 Back to College $3,000 Scholarship Sweepstakes (“Scholarship Sweepstakes”) is open to entrants who attend an eligible designated Oklahoma sponsored university and/or college as determined by Tinker Federal Credit Union and identified in these Official Contest Rules, (“College”). Entrants, at the time of entry, must be (a) at least eighteen (18) years of age, (b) a current and/or enrolled student at an eligible College in at least one 3-hour class/course for the Fall 2020 semester, (c) a permanent legal resident of one of the fifty (50) states of the United States of America or of the District of Columbia (collectively the “U.S.”), (d) has a legal and valid street address (no post office boxes) within the U.S., (e) holds a current and valid U.S. and/or state government issued photo identification, and (f) able to qualify to become a member of Tinker Federal Credit Union (“TFCU”).
Entrants are responsible for assuring their residency status complies with federal, state, and local laws regarding the Scholarship Sweepstakes. The Scholarship Sweepstakes is void outside the eligible sweepstakes territory and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, volunteers, agents, and directors of TFCU and Braid Creative & Consulting, LLC and all of their immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such person are not eligible to enter or win the Scholarship Sweepstakes. Eligible persons may enter the Scholarship Sweepstakes, subject to all of the requirements of these 2020 Back to College $3,000 Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. TIMING. The Scholarship Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. (Central Time) August 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on September 15, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be included in the random drawing, which will be conducted by an authorized employee or system of TFCU. The potential winners will be electronically chosen at random at 12:00 a.m. (Central Time) on September 16, 2020. Three eligible winners will be electronically chosen for three prizes of $3,000 per eligible winner, which will be deposited into an account with TFCU for the eligible winners’ use. The eligible winners will be notified via text message* or phone within two (2) business days of September 16, 2020. After being contacted by a TFCU representative, the potential winners must reply within twenty-four (24) hours of first contact from TFCU to claim their respective scholarship prizes. Each potential winner is subject to membership eligibility and account qualification pursuant to these Official Rules, where the prize money will be deposited. Potential winners must have an account with TFCU or is required to open an account with TFCU for the purpose of a direct deposit of the scholarship prize into the qualifying TFCU account via direct deposit.
3. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase is required to enter the Scholarship Sweepstakes, but the entrant must meet the requirements in these Official Rules. Entries must be submitted by (1) texting the designated “code” to the number 31996 or (2) eligible students can enter the Scholarship Sweepstakes once by U.S. regular mail. To register by mail, the student must hand-write and provide the following: (a) “2020 Back to College Sweepstakes,” (b) the student’s legal name (and student’s enrolled College name, if different), (b) a valid U.S. physical street address (with city, state, and zip code (no post office boxes), (c) U.S. telephone number with area code, and (d) the Scholarship Sweepstakes entry date (which must be between August 1, 2020 and September 15, 2020) on a 3” x 5”’ index card and mail the card (in a sealed envelope) through a U.S. post office with all of the required information on it to: Tinker Federal Credit Union, Attention: Marketing-2020 Back to College, PO Box 45750, Tinker AFB, OK 73145. Postage in full must be prepaid and the entry must be mailed through the United States mail (and U.S. post office). All mailed entries must be properly hand-written, hand addressed, with proper postage, and mailed within the U.S. All entries must be received by TFCU by September 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Central Time). Mechanically or digitally reproduced entries are automatically void. All entries, data, and information provided become the exclusive property of TFCU and entry forms will not be returned. TFCU may use, and the entrant expressly consents to the use of, any and all information and data provided by the Scholarship Sweepstakes entrant as part of their entry into the Scholarship Sweepstakes for TFCU marketing and other legal purposes by TFCU or any of its divisions, affiliates, and partners. Incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, invalid, damaged, misdirected, returned, lost, late, or returned for postage-due entries will be disqualified and not eligible for winning. There is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible student throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, regardless of entry method. By submitting a text entry or mailed entry, you are consent and agree to these Official Rules. All mail-in entries must meet the requirements of these Official Rules.
All entrants are subject to eligibility, verification of eligibility, and membership qualification. By entering the Scholarship Sweepstakes, the entrant automatically accepts these Official Rules.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER STUDENT IN THE SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY TFCU NO LATER THAN 11:59PM ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2020. ALL ENTRANTS MUST PROVIDE A VALID MOBILE NUMBER AND UPON PROVIDING SUCH MOBILE NUMBER THE ENTRANT AUTOMATICALLY AGREES TO BE CONTACTED AT THE MOBILE NUMBER PROVIDED BY CALL OR TEXT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICAL RULES. ALL ENTRANTS AND ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO ELIGIBILITY, VERIFICATION, AND MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATION PRIOR TO ANY AWARD OF ANY SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE. ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND VERIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE.
4. WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION. At 12:00 a.m. (Central Time), September 16, 2020 three potential winners (from all eligible entrants) will be randomly selected by drawing and will be notified of the potential winning of the scholarship prize within two (2) business days of September 16, 2020. An authorized TFCU employee or system will randomly draw an entrant’s name from all valid entries. Winners will be contacted by text at the mobile number within the time specified. All verified eligible winners of the Scholarship Sweepstakes must have a TFCU account or qualify and open a TFCU account within ten (10) business days of the drawing and the scholarship prize money of three thousand dollars ($3,000.00) will be direct deposited into the qualifying TFCU account held in the name of the potential winner as a primary share holder. The drawing and prize award is subject to the entrant’s timely reply within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial contact by a TFCU representative. Only three entrants will win under the Scholarship Sweepstakes per the Sweepstakes Period designated in these Official Rules and winners are subject to eligibility, verification, and TFCU member qualification. The entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Official Rule requirements. Randomly selected potential winners must reply within the required time-frame and provide the necessary information and verification to accept the scholarship prize.
The scholarship prize is not transferable, assignable, or exchangeable. Eligible winners must present a valid U.S. government or U.S. state issued photo identification (unexpired) to claim the award and the potential winners must prove eligibility. The official winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and compliance to these Official Rules. Official winners who accept the scholarship prize grants TFCU the right to use the official winner’s name, address, photograph, and likenesses for advertising, promotional, and publicity purposes. If any potential winner randomly drawn does not reply within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial contact by a TFCU representative, the potential winner automatically forfeits their scholarship award and a new potential winner will be randomly selected. Any new potential winner contacted in the same manner set forth in these Official Rules and must meet all of the requirements and qualifications of these Official Rules.
5. SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules three prizes will be awarded in this Scholarship Sweepstakes. The scholarship prizes are three thousand dollars ($3,000.00) each, which will be awarded and paid to eligible winners by direct deposit into an eligible TFCU account held by each of the individual winners as a primary share member of TFCU. The scholarship prize is nontransferable, non-assignable, and nonnegotiable. The scholarship prize must be accepted as awarded in accordance with these Official Rules. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by TFCU or for which TFCU shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. There are no prize substitutions. Winners are solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with their prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize and winners are responsible for reporting their scholarship prize to the IRS. Winners waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the scholarship prize. A winner’s noncompliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of these Official Rules and this Scholarship Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded. LIMIT: One (1) prize per student entrant in this Scholarship Sweepstakes.
6. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the random selection of the potential winners by TFCU (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries and the awarding of the scholarship prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to TFCU’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country and to be contacted at the mobile number provided for promotional and other legal purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. TFCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Sweepstakes if, in TFCU’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Scholarship Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or failures or any other factor beyond TFCU’s reasonable control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Scholarship Sweepstakes. In all events, TFCU reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the scholarship prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. TFCU reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Scholarship Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an illicit or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Scholarship Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, TFCU reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. TFCU’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless TFCU and its affiliates and divisions and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, volunteers, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, partners and providers, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, demands, allegations, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Scholarship Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any scholarship prize awarded in the Scholarship Sweepstakes.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TFCU is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, phone number, internet, hardware, or software (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Scholarship Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes Scholarship or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer or telephone, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from TFCU’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by TFCU or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to TFCU’s websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Any disputes arising out of the Scholarship Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be governed in accordance with applicable federal laws and the laws of the state of Oklahoma. Any disputes will be settled in the district, jurisdiction, and venue of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Oklahoma County. ALL ENTRANTS WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND ADDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO FORM AND/OR BRING A CLASS ACTION IN RELATION TO THIS SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY U.S. FEDERAL OR OKLAHOMA LAW. Entrants and participants in the Scholarship Sweepstakes (eligible or ineligible entrants and participants), shall not be entitled to claim, request, or receive any consequential, punitive, indirect, direct, special, incidental, or other damages for any reason. In the event of any damages awarded, such shall be strictly limited to direct and actual out-of-pocket expenses and costs, regardless of cause or reason. These limitations are void where prohibited. TFCU and its divisions, affiliates, partners, sponsors, representatives, and agents expressly disclaim any and all liability, indirect or direct, regarding the entrant’s participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any chances of winning, and do not make any warranties of any kind as part of the Scholarship Sweepstakes.
13. OFFICIAL RULES.These Official Rules are available online at https://dev.tinkerfcu.org/back-to-college-scholarship-sweepstakes-official-rules/or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to Tinker Federal Credit Union – 2020 Back to College $3,000 Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules, P.O. Box 45750, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma 73145-0750. If you have questions regarding the Scholarship Sweepstakes or these Official Rules you may contact Tinker Federal Credit Union at (405) 732-0324 or 1-800-456-4828 and request to talk to the TFCU Marketing Department.
14. ELIGIBLE COLLEGES.
East Central University
Oklahoma Baptist University
Oklahoma Christian University
Oklahoma City Community College
Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma State University
Oral Roberts University
Rose State College
Seminole State College
Southern Nazarene University
University of Central Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma
*Standard rates and fees apply for calls and text messages; the person contacted will be responsible for any fees or charges assessed by their mobile provider.